Super Natural Every Day
If you were to ask me which cookbooks are my favorite — this one would definitely make the list.
My copy of Super Natural Every Day is well worn (to say the least). The cover is torn, pages dog-eared & bookmarked, and the contents are lovingly splattered with food particles and hand-written notes. This cookbook has some mileage on it!
This cookbook turned me on to the incredible flavors and easy style of cooking when using whole foods. For me, it beautifully marries the flavor found in simple foods while sparking my creativity and sense of adventure. I've found a lot of the recipes throughout the cookbook can be adapted to be 8SAFE (with a little creativity). Heidi gives you lots of advice and the confidence to experiment with the recipes on your own — and I totally appreciate that! And with so many great recipes it would be a valuable resource beyond the 8SAFE Program.
Below is a list of recipes found in Super Natural Every Day that can easily be made 8SAFE as written (using ingredients that are free of gluten and the top eight allergens). Following the first list you'll find other recipes that can be made 8SAFE simply by leaving out the specified ingredient.
And later in the week I'll show you how easy it can be to convert the Macaroon Tart recipe (from the cookbook) into an 8SAFE option!
REGARDING PROCESSED INGREDIENTS: ALWAYS BE SURE TO USE 8SAFE INGREDIENTS AND INSPECT THE LABELS ON PRODUCTS (AS MANUFACTURER'S RECIPES AND FORMULAS CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME). WHILE I DO MY VERY BEST TO BE CURRENT AND UP TO DATE, ULTIMATELY IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOUR OWN SAFETY.
8SAFE Recipes (as written):
- FRUIT SALAD pg 34
- CHICKPEAS & DANDELION GREENS pg 69
- AVOCADOS AND MUSTARD SEEDS pg 104
- TURNIP CHIPS pg 109
- ROASTED CHICKPEAS pg 119
- WEEKNIGHT CURRY pg 135
- CABBAGE SOUP pg 150
- TINTO DE VERANO pg 165
- CUCUMBER COOLER pg 166
- ICED WHITE TEA pg 168
- GINGER TEA pg 169
- ROSE GERANIUM PROSECCO pg 173
- MIXED CITRUS JUICE pg 175
- SPARKLING PANAKAM pg 176
- MUSCOVADO SUNFLOWER KERNELS pg 183
- WHOLE GRAIN MUSTARD pg 209
- CRUSHED RED PEPPER OIL pg 211
- BLACKBERRY-MAPLE COMPOTE pg 212
- A SIMPLE POT OF BEANS pg 215
- BROWN RICE pg 218
- WILD RICE pg 218
- TOASTED SEEDS pg 219
- ROASTED STRAWBERRIES pg 228
- OVEN-ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES pg 231
Can be made 8SAFE (by leaving out an ingredient or two):
- SUMMER SQUASH SOUP (OMIT TOFU) pg 62
- MOSTLY NOT POTATO SALAD (OMIT TOFU) pg 66
- WHOLE GRAIN RICE SALAD (OMIT WALNUTS & GOAT CHEESE) pg 70
- MIXED MELON BOWL (OMIT FETA) pg 73
- WHITE BEANS & CABBAGE (OMIT CHEESE) pg 86
- WHITE BEAN SPREAD (OMIT ALMONDS) pg 110
- GREEN LENTIL SOUP (OMIT BUTTER, SUBSTITUTE WITH COCONUT OIL) pg 149
- WATERMELON SALAD (OMIT PISTACHIOS) pg 184